Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Shower ready??

Tonight we are hosting a Newlywed shower for Devlon's brother and wife who eloped over New Years 2005. We have about 30 people coming. We have kicked it into high gear to get ready. No, the walls aren't fully painted yet. Yes, pictures are hung anyway. *Most* of the boxes are unpacked........the rest will be stacked in a corner in the 2nd bedroom. The house looks a little more lived in. Last night I made potato salad (for 30! This may be gross, but it took 5 cups of mayo, 16 eggs, 15lbs potatoes, and massive amounts of onion, celery, etc). This morning I made an asian coleslaw (thanks to Gwen for the inspiration). Devlon has 4 butthole chickens and 2 briskets on the smoker. We have beans cooking on the stove, queso ready to make, chips & tortillas waiting and drinks chillin' in the cooler.

I have to clean both bathrooms, sweep the floors, make our bed and finish some laundry. Oh, and I need to run to the store for flowers and paint my toenails! This shower is going to be very laid-back, especially since they are already married!!! I PROMISE to post pics of the house...........as soon as I can find the camera cord.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

So how'd it go? I am sure it was great! It sounds like the food was yummy!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home