Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Honeymoon Ideas??

Today we met with a travel agent to talk about places for our Honeymoon. We have narrowed it down to the following criteria:
No cruises
Nothing that takes one full day of travel
Something with a beach/water
Something we can afford but is nice

So, based on that we are interested in the following places:
Costa Rica (this would be the longest travel option........5 hours on a plane)
Cabo San Lucas
Puerto Vallareta (sp?)
Playa de Carmen (or somewhere outside of there)

Anyone with any other options/choices for us to consider? Any advice on those places??

Other wedding news: looks like the rehearsal dinner will be at Water Street Oyster Bar........Devlon's fav seafood restaurant. Called my old pastor today, left a message, to see if he can/will marry us. My bridesmaids are all confirmed! Hoping to take care of the dresses this week!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that Cabo is a fishing town- not really much in the way of beaches- a friend just went for their honeymoon....We told the travel agent we wanted all of the following for ours:
Not too far (less hours on a plane)
beach front property
all inclusive (food, alcohol, water sports)
24 hour room service
seafood at the restaurants
Jacuzzi tubs
Spa
Adults only
Turn down service/ maid service every day
And the ONLY property that met every one of those was Royal Plantation in Ocho Rio Jamaica
http://www.royalplantation.com/index.cfm
It was absolutely beautiful- and only a 3 hour trip from Houston! :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So exciting! I love the ticker. Your so computer smart now! Also, I NEED A LIST! I know, I know, after this weekend. hehe

5:14 PM  
Blogger wish_on_a_star said...

Hello Gwen......have you met my fiancee'? Mr. I love to fish so much our house is drowning in fish?? Hmmm, our travel agent seemed to think Cabo had alot to offer. Maybe I should take a closer look........thanks for the tips!

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My point, excatly! Don't go to a fishing town or you may be HONEYMOONING by yourself! Ha!:)

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy-
I've stayed at Moon Palace outside of Playa Del Carmen-south of Cancun, the beach was not great, and the water not as blue as I thought, alot of Seaweed. Yuck! But the resort was absolutely amazing! Good Luck! Whatever you choose, you'll be together and that is what counts!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home