Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Quick post

So, I don't really have anything exciting to say! Today was my day off and I got alot done! I slept in a bit and then did some cleaning around our house. I then headed to order invitations for a shower we are hosting for Devlon's brother (Ryan) and his new wife (Laura). They are so cute and I can't wait to get them! They were actually a little cheaper than I budgeted for, but worth every penny. I don't have the patience to try and print them myself at home so I paid a little bit more for someone else to hassle with it.

Next on the list was the bank, an oil change, lunch with Devlon and his Mom and then to Granddaddy's house. We made one stop this week there to do a few things and today I finished cleaning all the baseboards and door frames. We are going to paint them this weekend and maybe start painting the formal living/dining room. We are going to work around the wall/paint guys (they will be taking down wallpaper and texturing to match the other walls). We hope to get the majority of the painting done before they re-finish the hardwood floors. We also need to paint the ceilings. LOTS of painting in our future.

We are going to hold off on the kitchen until we get in the house........but Devlon and his Mom have already picked out tile, etc. We are still planning to move boxes and such the weekend of July 1st and then move furniture the following weekend. We'll see how that pans out since we haven't started packing yet! Then it will be back to our house to get it ready to sell! Does it ever end??? Fun times, fun times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dandy said...

Sounds like you have lots of stuff to do. It is fun to redo homes, especially ones that have a family history. Hope to see ya'll at the Grimes housewarming party. Oh, Devlon, my big plumeria is blooming!!! I have not forgotten that I said I would share!!!!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day off! I'm glad you called last night! Sorry it was so crazy b/c we were at the park! Talk to you soon! :-)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home