Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Walter

We are back from San Antonio! We made a quick last minute trip home for Father's Day and a family gathering (well, family reunion but there were only about 25 of us!). It was a great weekend and nice to be able to be with my Dad on Father's Day. He is the greatest!

On our way home, in Midlothian, we came across a turtle on a busy road. We decided to rescue it and take it to a park area in Devlon's neighborhood. We couldn't tell if it was a land or water turtle, so we put in on the banks of a creek......close enough he could see the water or head towards the grass if he desired. He didn't move once we set him down, so we finally left so he could find his courage again and come out of his shell. He was scared in the car.....didn't poke his head out once! I named him Walter....not sure why.




3 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

That is so funny! I like the name Walter! I hope you had a great weekend and can't wait to hear all about it. I miss you! I am glad you called Friday, it was great to hear from you. Have a great week!!

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys this weekend! Have a great week!

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you but so glad to hear that "Walter" did not!

Love you,
Tricky

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home