Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Did you think I was lost?

Seriously!!! Sorry for slacking on the blog. We have been without internet at our house for about a week and I can't (shouldn't) access the blog world at work. Our original move date was the Saturday before last, so that was when our phone, cable, internet, etc was scheduled to turn off. We didn't actually move until yesterday so that is why you haven't heard from me.

We offically slept at Granddaddy's house last night for the first time. I think I will start calling it our house from now on. We spent all this week laying the kitchen floor. Wed & Thurs was spent cutting and laying the tile (the men did this, I painted trim.....which never seems to end) and Friday night, from 6-11pm grouted. We layed satillo tile........also called adobe tile at his mother's request. This is this hardest stuff to lay and grout. But it is done! Now all that is left it to seal it. We still haven't finished painting and the bathrooms aren't all nice/neat but it will do for now. We still have half the hallway left, one wall in each bedroom and both bathrooms left to paint. Oh, and cutting in everywhere else! The appliances were supposed to come yesterday, but there was a mix up so all that was moved yesterday was our furniture and the washer/dryer came. Hopefully everything else will come on Monday.

We slept in a bit today, will meet his parents for lunch and then head to his house for some last items (clothes, shoes, rest of kitchen stuff, plants, etc). We just cooked breakfast but realized our silverware is at our house and the oven doesn't work here. Hoping to have our first dinner here tonight!

I will take pictures later this week once we get settled!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, you're back! I was missing you. I just love it when you use that painter's talk...'cutting in'. A good dinner is deserved, indeed. Congratulations on getting into YOUR new home.

Tricky

1:03 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

Hey!! Welcome back. I just thought you were busy with all that moving. I guess it feels good to be somewhat moved in!!!! Glad you are back.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

You and me both with the blogging MIA! ;-) Congrats on the move to the new house! Can't wait to see it!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home