Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 26, 2006

Can you say WORN OUT?

I am so tired this morning. We worked our butts off this weekend. Saturday morning we started painting the trim, door frames and window sills. Devlon has a few of his friends over to help. We got one whole room done and half of another when he realized that Home Depot gave us latex paint when we needed oil-based. So we had to peel off all that paint and start over. :(

So we started over and got about 75% of the trim work done. There are still a few door frames and window sills that didn't get done. All of the ceilings got painted except for the bathrooms and wood room...........because some beams have to come down in the wood room first. Devlon got busy on the floors (tearing them up) in the laundry room and under the refrigerator.

Sunday we hauled some trash off to the dump, had lunch and then started painting the walls. All of the walls are done that can be at this point (paint guys still have to finish dealing with the wallpaper?. We didn't cut in to the ceilings or down to the trim yet........we were focused on coverage first. The colors are really pretty and actually pretty similar. The hallway and formal living/dining is a neutral color with some green in it. The bedrooms are also neutral but with brown in it. So, the 2 bedrooms (3 walls...the other walls were wall-papered), formal living/dining and most of the hallway have paint. We will start cutting in this week. His Mom was busy cleaning out closets and making room for our stuff.

The floor guys are starting on Tuesday, which is why we wanted to have most of the big painting. It will take them 4 days to finish the hardwoods. This week we need to pack some boxes so we have some things to move. My fingers are swollen, even though I drank a TON of water this weekend. My fingers feel like sausages. It is gross. So, we made a bunch of progress but not even close to being done. Just the tip of the iceberg!

ps- I meant to take some pics but the batteries were dead in my camera. I'll do that sometime this week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl. When you start using terms like "cutting in", you know you have done way too much painting. I am so proud of you both. I know you will do a great job. How happy Devlon's mom must be to see the transformation. Hang in there.

Tricky

9:25 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

Wow, you have been busy! That is so great, I can't wait to see pictures. I will call you soon!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

You all sound like people after my own heart!!! I love to paint and do stuff like you are doing. I try to pack all those kinds of projects into my summers. I have been working out in the yard, and not doing too much in the house this time. Today, I started purging our files--bank statements, old checks, bill statements, and stuff like that. I would much rather be painting. Ya'll hang in there. We hope to see you at some point this weekend.
Love ya!!!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home