Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 03, 2006

We're Engaged!!!



After he popped the question



Our dessert



The ring! Most everyone knows this is Meemaw's ring. I couldn't get a great shot of it, so I'll keep trying!









Last night was our 1st Anniversary. A year ago on July 2 we went on our first date. Devlon made reservations at the same place we had our first date..........a fancy seafood restuarant named Newport's. We got there at 7pm (I would later learn that everyone there knew what was going to happen) and had a romantic table for 2 by the artesian well that is in the middle of the restuarant. He ordered a bottle of champagne, but I didn't really catch on. I just thought he was being romantic and wanted to celebrate.

We ordered dinner and then he wanted me to open my present. I guess he was anxious/nervous. I opened a really sweet card and then the present. It was a pretty pewter box with colored stones all over it. I opened that box and inside was the ring wrapped in tissue paper. I opened it and started saying "Oh my god" over and over. He said something to the effect of "I was wondering if you would marry me and be my wife" and of course I said YES! I guess he didn't hear my yes in between the oh my god's, so he said "is that a yes?" and I said YES it's a YES! My hands were shaking and he was shaking. We had a champagne toast and then a wonderful dinner. I kept saying over and over........we're engaged! You are my fiancee'! We are getting married! At dessert time, we ordered cheescake and they wrote on the plate with raspberry sauce "Happy Anniversary and Congratulations". So cute!

We then started calling everyone and went by his parents house. I guess alot of people knew besides me! I thought maybe he might do it, but he hadn't really given me any clues in the last couple of weeks so I really had no idea when he was going to do it. I am SOO happy and excited! Let the planning begin! :)

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So excited for you guys!!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait for the planning! Love you both

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I had a great time with y'all this weekend.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah yeah yeah!!!! finally a little info on the big ?...work is torture until wednesday when i can hear more details...i'm so happy for you guys...you're engaged lobsters..he he
much love...nat

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

I am SOOOOO happy for you guys!!! YAY!!!! So exciting! I am so glad you called last night; I have been wondering when I would get 'THE call!' The ring is beautiful and even more special since it is a family ring. Congratulations to you both! Love and miss you bunches! ;-)

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to help with the plans! :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

You know what? That phone call to your Uncle Kirk meant more to me than just about anything ever! Congratulations to a great couple. We enjoyed being with you all on Sat. Love you both.
Uncle Kirk

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited!

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cooooool is that? That is way cool! Congratulations to you both. Thanks for the call Tracy. Sorry I missed you.

Tricky

6:15 AM  
Blogger TTUTri said...

Hoorraayy!! Congrats to you both!

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy-Congrats to you and Devlon.Good luck with the wedding plans!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Dandy said...

A huge congratulations to you two. I did not have any clue, either, Tracy. Either that or I had forgotten about it. (How could I do that???!!!) Anyway, I am very happy for you and Devlon. The weekend was wonderful. I really enjoyed visiting with you both.
Love you all lots!!!!!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Conratulations!!! That is so wonderful and we wish you all the best! YAY!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mika said...

CONGRATS!!!!
I have been behind on my blog reading! I am sooooo happy for you!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home