Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 22, 2007

I don't want to forget......

Today while I was running errands, I was making a list of things in my head that I don't ever want to forget about this pregnancy. So I thought I would share!

1) How excited we felt when we saw the positive pregnancy test.....and how blessed we felt that it happened so fast for us!

2) How hard it was to keep the secret until we wanted to share the news.

3) How excited our family and friends were when we did decide to share the news.

4) The first OB appointment where we heard the heartbeat and saw the little "peanut".

5) The morning sickness that I thought would never end.....but secretly made me feel "secure" that the pregnancy was progressing.

6) The OB appointment when we found out it was a boy.......and sharing that moment with both sets of our parents.

7) Devlon and me in Babies R Us......pretending we knew what we were registering for and hoping we didn't forget anything too important.

8) Feeling the little man kick for the first time.....around 20ish weeks. I probably felt him sooner than that but didn't notice it.

9) Devlon feeling him kick for the first time......and his face/reaction.

10) Watching my husband read and sing to our baby......and how it melts my heart.

11) Getting the nursery together and picking out things to make it perfect for our son.

12) Thinking about how much our lives are going to change in the very near future!

13) Feeling the love from our family and friends who call to ask how I am feeling, bring us surprises for the baby and offer to help us get ready for the little man.

14) How loved this baby already is!

15) How difficult is has been (and continues to be) for us to decide on a name.

16) How nervous I have felt at every OB appointment and probably will be for the rest of the pregnancy!

Anyways, I am sure I could ramble on for hours. This pregnancy stuff is pretty amazing! I am blessed beyond words to be sharing this with Devlon..........who is going to be an amazing father. He talks all the time about how he can't wait to do this and that with his son. I can't wait to see him holding our little boy in his arms. This has been a dream come true for us.......and we feel amazed at this miracle growing inside me. Can't wait to share him with you guys when he makes his grand appearance!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! Had to wipe the tears away. Can't wait for the little guy to be here. It will be even nicer when I am closer to you guys. Love you!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

That is so sweet Tracy!! I am SO happy for y'all; you will be amazing parents!!! :-)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes! You had the opportunity to jot down some "moments". Those are keepers and stories that you son will appreciate. What warmth, gentleness and tenderness your words have captured. May you continue to see the Divine magnificence of these special times. I love you.

Tricky

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home