Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Nursery progress

Devlon has been working so hard getting this nursery up and running. Last weekend he finished painting the blue on the bottom half of the wall. This weekend he cut the rough cedar and put on the chair rail AND painted the crib, dresser, and changing table. The crib and changing table are from when I was a baby (Josh & Bethany too!) and the dresser was Devlon's. It needed some TLC so he spent alot of time repairing, sanding and filling holes. He plans to use boat cleats for the handles.


Here you can see the division in the wall with the cedar chair rail.



A wider shot.......with some of the furniture in it. The crib isn't put together yet and we don't know exactly where everything is going just yet. The dresser is still drying so it needs to find a home. This is just a door shot, once there is more detail to look at I will take more pictures to post. And yes, you can see that the infamous boat seat finally has a home. Not sure where it will end up in the room, but it certainly goes with the theme.

Things yet to come....
1) Devlon is doing a rough cedar border with cattle brands to go around the top of the room. The cattle brands, though don't go with the fish theme, are important to him from his days at Rancho La Fe. He is branding the wood this weekend.

2) Getting the dresser assembled with handles and up to the room.

3) Deciding on a rocking chair or glider and purchasing that.

4) Finding the best place for everything to be in the room. One whole wall is taken up by closet doors, so we are only working with 3 walls.......and one wall has built-in bookshelves.

5) Pictures and decorative accessories. I am on the hunt for a new lamp shade for Devlon's old cork lamp.....which also fits with the room theme nicely.

6) New wood blinds for the window.

7) Of course, bedding and window treatments. The grandmothers have these 2 things under control.

I have my first shower on Tuesday at work. I am so excited. Once we got the crib in the room Devlon and I both looked at each other like....I guess this is for real! Ha! I have gotten alot of baby goodies so far, but it will be fun to open presents at a shower. More showers coming down the line in October. I am also on the hunt for a baby memory book. So many out there are either cheesy, non-functional or way frufru!

I am feeling good for the most part. Still wearing my rings, still with slight cankles at the end of a long day and still growing. I will take another belly shot at 28 weeks for you to see. We go back to the OB on Sept 24th so I will keep you posted! I will be 27 weeks tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Dandy said...

Everything is starting to look great. I can't wait to see it all put together. Love ya.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

I love the chair rail and the boat seat!! It looks nice and I can't wait to see the finished room! :-) Have fun at your shower tomorrow; hope you get some nice things!

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fun! I am looking forward to seeing the room once it is finished! I can't wait for you and Devlon to see the shower invite! Sister (Gwen) and I think they turned out cute!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

The room looks good! I definitely know what you mean about getting it ready. Reality sort of smacked us in the face this weekend! yikes! :) Good luck at your next appointment. I am doing the glucose test this Friday so I'll be thinking of you too! OH - and if you find a baby book for a normal (non frufru) person, let me know. I've been searching too!
Jenny (Melissa's friend)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Everything looks great! So sad, I just found my volleyball tourney is the same weekend as your SA shower....but I will see you here that next weekend for the other showers!!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home