Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 22, 2006

And the verdict is in.......

I just got a call from the doctor with my lab results. I DON'T have mono!!! Yay! She said that it showed a resistant bacterial infection........which likely started as strep throat. For whatever reason, my body was resistant to the penicillin so the infection grew.

So, after the shot of a different antibiotic yesterday combined with 10 days of a different antibiotic I should be as good as new. I am more excited that I can go to work on Monday than anything. And......I'm technically not infectious anymore!

My throat still hurts this morning.......Probably because my tonsils are swollen and I slept with my mouth open and I was a bit nauseous when I woke up, but I do feel better overall.

Yay for no mono!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

Good news!!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Goodness knows, you have other things to do, places to go and people to see!

Love ya,
Tricky

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home