Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 14, 2006

New Additions


















So we have some new additions to the home. Most of you know that Devlon went turkey hunting with my family a few weekends ago and shot his first turkey (which he was VERY excited about!). He got the mount back today. It is so cool! I have never seen a mount done quite like that. He is hoping to mount a plaque and the bullet casing onto the lower part of the wood. I think he wants to put the date and the name of the ranch he was at. The middle part is a carved turkey. He also has the feet preserved and hanging by a leather strap. They are just gross, I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of them and post them. Yuck.

The rug (I know, I said I wasn't going to buy anything for the house until my condo sells) I found at Pier One for $18.00. I love the colors and I think it gives us a lot to work with. For now, the walls are white so this at least brings in some colors. And note, it does have maroon in it.

That's it! I am glad it is the weekend. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

That turkey thing is pretty cool! Go Devlon! I like the rug too, is is pretty but gender-neutral. Have a great weekend!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home