Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Spring has sprung........

Well, it appears that spring is here! The weather is warming up, we have had a few April showers, and it is still light when I get home from work!! Devlon and I made a trip to Home Depot Tuesday night to buy some flowers and planting supplies. I also had bought some flowers in Canton this past weekend that we wanted to plant. So last night we spent an hour or so on the garden and the yard.

We planted Serrano peppers, Jalapenos, bell peppers and tomatoes in the garden in the back. We planted petunias and some other type of flowering plant in the front (the ones I bought in Canton, I have NO idea what kind they are). We planted Salvias and Sunflowers in the back, along with an elephant ear plant. We (well, Devlon) cut back some of the bushes in the back and the front, trimmed the bushes and trees, and now we have a pile of limbs that need to go in the trash. We fertilized and placed weed and feed around the yard. Devlon cut the grass earlier this week and we need to edge the fence.

I will be excited when they all bloom and fill out. I will have to take a picture and post it so you can see. Apparently, the petunias will fill out the main bed in the front nicely. It looks so nice!! It's nice to actually have a house with a yard! My Mom has always had such a green thumb and I have never been able to see if I have one too........so maybe this will be a good test. Happy Thursday.........so glad tomorrow is Friday! Devlon and LG are hitting the road for Galveston for the big bachelor party. I hope they all behave. CG and I plan to shop! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger TTUTri said...

Please shield your eyes next time you come to our house. My utter disregard for yardwork makes my lawn look like a half eaten salad.

Can't wait to see the pics...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

Your garden sounds great! I am so happy that it is spring too!! I am ready for cute clothes- no more bulky layers!! I'll be looking forward to pics of the yard. :-) Have a great weekend!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Dandy said...

Hey!! All your plans for gardening and flowers sounds great. I'll just bet that the gene for "green thumb" is in your body!!!!! I can't wait to see ya'lls place. Bet is looks fabulous. We plan to come to Dallas in a couple of weeks to help Cheri and Larry move (or walk into their new house). Hope to see you all as well. Love you lots!!!!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home