Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mama's big boy

We went yesterday for Cass' 2mo check-up. Here are the stats:

Weight: 13lbs 1oz
Length: 23 1/4 inches
He is in the 75% percentile for height, weight and head circumference.

Doc says he looks great and is clearly thriving. He has had some drainge in his right eye, either a clogged tear duct or a viral bug. Doc suggested breast milk in the eye for a few days. It has already started to clear on it's own, so we are going to watch it for a few more days before we do breastmilk drops. He had to get 3 shots, which made me cry. It was terrible to hear his cry.....a much different cry than we have EVER heard. He was pretty fussy most of yesterday probably because of those nasty shots.

We also moved him to his nursery last night. He didn't sleep as well as he has been, but I am hoping it was related to the shots. He has (for 6days in a row) been sleeping from 10:30-6:30. Last night he was up about every 3.5 hours to eat. But, he is in his big boy crib and looks cozy! It wasn't as hard on me as I thought, but I did have a hard time falling asleep because he was "so far" away.

Well, he is down for a nap (I hope!). I am off to work on a few things around the house.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Shots are never easy! Jenna just had her 4 year old shots, 4 of them, and it was just as awful!! It sounds like you have settled into mommyhood with ease!! Congratulations!!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

Sounds like he is growing fast and doing so well! Congrats on the big move to the nursery! I know it is hard but it makes it easier in the long run! Both our Girls were in the crib by 2 months too! I will call you soon, there's lots to catch up on, I'm sure!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

breast milk in the eyeball?? are you f'ing serious?!?

I pray to the baby Jesus that I never get another eye infection, especially if my wife has to spray my eyes with boobie milk.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I agree with Josh-I have never heard of breastmilk in the eye, but I am sure your doctor knows what he is talking about! Congrats on the move to the nursery.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

I am laughing OUT LOUD at Josh's comment!! TOO funny!!! :-D

10:18 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I would LOVE if Meg was sleeping 1030-630! You're so lucky! She is still getting me up around 4-ish to eat so maybe we're getting there. What time does he eat last before going to bed? Sounds like things are going great!!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home