Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 14, 2008

Some Firsts......

I thought I would blog about a few firsts we have had with Cass!! We took our first road trip....to the ranch so Devlon could hunt. Cass did pretty well considering we were out of our routine and in strange surroundings. He slept pretty well at night but was more fussy during the day. He let us know that after about 3 hours in the car seat, he is done. We had to listen to him cry while we were following someone to the ranch and it broke my heart. He only cried for about 10 minutes, but it was terrible! I wanted to scoop him up and love on him! If we had been driving solo, we would have pulled over and rescued him. Anyways, he is getting so big! We weighed him today at my Mom's work and he was 12lbs 10oz. Granted he had just eaten, but still! Some of his 3mo footed sleepers are getting too tight at the feet. He is obviously eating well and breastfeeding is going great. I am pumping once a day to get our freezer stocked for my return to work in late February. He is getting more social and alert......watching much more in his environment. It is fun to see him concentrate on our faces, lights, etc.

He is sleeping well at night........not consistently thru the night but enough to say we are headed that way! Last night was another 9 hour night of sleep. We decided to keep him in our room in his bassinet until our 2mo pediatrician appt, which is Jan 30th. After that he will be up in his nursery. It will be so hard to not have him so close, but we don't want him to get used to being in our room. He is starting to like bath time more now that we are using a baby bathub and not the sponge that he laid on.

He is a snuggle bug and loves to be held. He will hang out in the swing or bouncy seat for a while, and then cries to be held. My favorite time is rocking him after his last feed when he snuggles his face against my neck and I can feel him breathing. So sweet! He has started to give us a few smiles outside of the gas smiles. He is holding his head up so well and is bearing weight on his legs. I can't believe how much he has changed since we brought him home from the hospital. Well, enjoy the pics......I am headed to bed!

Decked out in camo at the ranch!

Cute onesie in honor of my Dad........who calls Cass "Peanut".

First Bumbo seat time!














First "big boy" bath in his tub. Look at that belly!








First stroller ride....he slept most of the time while I walked in the neighborhood.








2 Comments:

Blogger Eric and Bethany said...

Aww, what a cutie! Love you guys and miss you!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

He is soooooo cute Tracy, I am glad that you are enjoying yourselves so much!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home