Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sadness & Joy

This weekend has been a weekend filled with sadness and joy. My best friend lost her grand"father" this past week. He was the epitome of a caring man with a generous heart, a spirit that was never broken and had a love for his family that would leave anyone in awe.

I was blessed to know this man well, since I spent most of my childhood in their house. Mel and I spent countless hours in that house and there are so many memories there. I spent this weekend helping Mel and her family go through the house and search for those "things" you don't want to let go. The weekend brought us sadness, disbelief and joy. Sadness that the house is no longer the center of the family, disbelief that he is really gone, and joy as we re-discovered memories and spent time together in his memory. He would have loved that. Seeing all his children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and "adopted" grandchildren in the house talking about how their lives have been better for having this man in their lives.

I feel blessed to have known this man, and was able to visit with him at my wedding. He leaves behind an amazing legacy that we could all learn from. Though it was hard to leave the house, we have joy knowing that he lived his life to the fullest and he is now forever with his sweet bride in heaven.

We will miss you Bob!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect words....You said it, he was an amazing example.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy-That was beautiful-brought tears to my eyes. Bob was a wonderful man. I hope he is enjoying being with M up in Heaven! Thanks for being there for Mel.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

Thank you so much for everything, you helped me more than you know this past week. This has been such an emotional time with Ben getting back and then losing Bob and my 'home.' It is a bitter pill to swallow to accept that it really is over, they really are gone, and we will never walk through the house we grew up in again.
Bob would have loved the service and seeing us all spend time together in his memory. He and M meant the world to me and I honestly can't belive they are gone. I could not have gotten through it without you and I am so thankful to have you in my life. LYLAS!!!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home