Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 18, 2007

More baby news

So, Devlon and I have been busy at the doctor's offices! We saw our MFM on Monday last week and this boy is estimated to be 8lbs 3oz at 35 weeks! YIKES. My fluid level has decreased so that was good. He still looks healthy, just big! So, the MFM wants to do an amnio on Mon Nov 26th to check for fetal lung development. We will have the results on that same afternoon, so we will know what all the "levels and values" they are looking for say. If it shows lung development, we will be having a baby on Tues Nov. 27th. CRAZY! Ironically, also on my Nana's birthday. If it doesn't show total lung development, they will look at the values and then probably wait a few days. Either way, he will probably be born that week. They are worried about his lung development since I have the GD. They don't want me to go to 38 weeks for fear of his size and my risk of postpartum hemorrhage.

We went to my OB and she checked me for progress. He has dropped a little, but not very much. And because I have more fluid than the average preggo, he still has lots of room to move around. She touched his head and he moved away from it. Most babies living in an average amount of fluid don't have anywhere to go but down the birth canal. Not this guy! So, if he doesn't drop and "engage" by delivery time, then we will be having a c-section. My OB says there is a much higher risk of Cerebral Palsy and Hypoxic Injuries when you induce a baby who isn't even in the birth canal..........that's enough to convince me to go under the knife!

So, all that to say we may be parents in a little over a week! Exciting and crazy all at once. As for me, I am feeling tired pretty much all the time. Trying to wrap up projects at work. Still have a TON of thank you notes to write. A few more errands to run and things to do around the house to prepare to bring him home. Oh yeah, we still need to decide on a name. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home