Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 16, 2006

I fear the Dentist

I had a Dentist appointment today. For some reason, the dentist totally freaks me out. I get nervous and my heart races while I sit in the chair. I think part of it is the noises you hear........the scraping on the teeth, the drills, the whirring of the cleaning tools. Yuck. I think the other part is they tend to give you bad news.

No matter how hard/often I brush, floss, use preventive stuff and pray, I get cavities. I don't drink sugar drinks, rarely eat hard candy, and I drink a ton of water. What gives! So he tells me today I have cavities on the teeth he has been watching since last year. I can't remember how many.......not a ton, but anything over 2 is too many. I think I stopped listening. I started sweating, adding money in my head, thinking about how long these teeth are actually going to last me. It's not like I am a bum with poor oral hygiene! I think they could tell I was upset. The against said some people are just more susceptible to cavities.......something about the bacteria in my mouth. Didn't make me feel any better!

So, I have to schedule a time to get the cavities filled. I need to wait until I get my income tax. The only nice thing is that my dentist uses laughing gas........so it makes me far less anxious. Last time when he filled a cavity, when I was alone in the room I sucked the gas down as fast as I could! Guess I will use that same strategy to get me through this next experience.

I am off to start dinner, so it is hot and ready when Devlon gets home!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am a big baby! I cry!! Ive only had 3 cavities, but I cried the whole time!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

I just don't like the bright light and having them all up in my business. I am sitting there the whole time wondering if he is looking up my nose or if I have zits, etc. ha! Laughing gas rocks! When are you going to cook me some dinner?!? ;-) Hope to see you soon!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have inherited the infamous "Grimes Curse"---cavities in spite of all the good care you give your teeth. Your Pap-Paw had it, and darn if he did not pass it on down the line. Just remember, your dentist probably has a wife who will appreciate the new luxury car, mink coat, etc. that you will help provide!!
Unle K

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home