Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Changes.....

So there seem to be alot of changes happening around me these days!

My bestest friend, Melissa, found out today that their family is moving to Utah (Salt Lake City area) in mid June for Ben's next Air Force assignment. They will likely be there a minimum of 3 years. I've been lucky having them so close now........just 3 hours to Oklahoma! It has been great to watch the girls grow up and them really know who I am and how much I love them. I love that they call me Aunt Tracy and that Brooke wants to talk to me everytime I am on the phone with Mel. It has also been great to take long weekends and get together with Mel and hang out. It seems time never passes when we get back around each other. We safely know everything about each other and have made it this far (25 years!). Her friendship has been a blessing in my life. I am SO excited for them and this next move in their life! Even more excited that they won't be in Alaska or Japan as previously thought. My long weekend trips will have to turn into weekly visits, for sure! You guys better get a house with a guest room! :)

My brother's wedding is coming fast! Seems there is a lot to do for that. My parents are getting ready for the rehearsal dinner, I need to figure out when I am heading down there the week of the wedding, etc, etc. Oh, and I need to find a dress! I think I have one that I like, but I'm not done looking around just yet. Plus, I need to get with Tracy and plan what I am going to read in the ceremony so I can practice! Speaking in front of a crowd greater than 30 makes me sweat a bit!

The work in the next few weekends on my condo will hopefully get it ready to list! I got a call yesterday from a realtor that is trying to rent the unit under mine. He says they have noticed some water stains on the ceiling in their dining room. I haven't slept or run any water in my house in a few months (other than a toilet every once in a while), the air/heat has been off, etc. I headed to my condo yesterday and Devlon's Dad met me to check it out. There is no evidence of a leak in my house, as far as I can tell. I talked to the guy and I guess he is going to investigate it further and keep me posted. As far as I see, nothing can be figured out until her gets into the ceiling and sees if they can locate the leak. Ah, the joys of home/condo owning. :) Hopefully it will be nothing. I'll post some pics this weekend of the work we get done. I am still working on bringing my things over to my new house. It has taken me a bit to get used to saying "our house", "our things". I think until all my stuff is fully over here, I won't feel quite settled. All my furniture is staying until the condo sells.........it just shows better furnished. But I am definitely here, at my new home settling into my new life with my wonderful guy.

Larry and Cheri, my cousin and wife, are looking at buying a house!! They have started the process and hope to find the right one by the time their apartment lease is up. Best of luck guys!I better get to see some of the choices so I can help you make a decision!

Changes all over!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

I am going to miss you so, so much. It has been great living this close to you the past 5 years. Having you at my Girls' birthday parties, Christening, and other special occasions has meant so much to me. Think of all the fun we will be able to have now in a whole other state!!! ;-) I CANNOT wait for all the visits and we aren't even there yet!!! Congrats on the upcoming marriage of Josh & Tracy! I know you will do wonderfully with the reading, no worries there. :-) I am happy for you and Devlon as well on this new and exciting step you are taking together. Love ya!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home