Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 30, 2006

Good to Bad to Worse to Good

So this weekend was CRAZY! Friday night went to dinner with Chris and Heather for his 31st birthday! We had fun and Riley was SO cute and social!

Saturday I went to lunch with my friend Treasure and caught up on life! She gave me a fun iron cross for Christmas that I love! Then we went to IKEA........my first experience there. It was madness but fun. Next time I go back will be on a weekday in the middle of the day! So that is pretty much where the fun ended..........

I went to Michael's looking for the perfect scrapbook. My friend, Shawna, is leaving Dallas and moving to Nashville with her man. The department at work is going to make a little scrapbook for her. 20 minutes later at the checkout, I can't use the coupon....at least not until Sunday. Alrighty, move on to the next stop. Bank of America.......for some cash and a little deposit. Picture this......I am at the last drive up ATM (there are 2 at the one by my house). I enter all the information.........the computer freezes. My card is GONE. I call customer service and was greeted by a not friendly agent. He confirms very rudely that my card is in fact gone.......never to be seen again. 45 minutes on the phone and they cancelled that card and I will get a new one in 5-7 business days. Until then, I need to cash a check for money! I feel so old school! I wrote checks this weekend for groceries, at Home Depot and at Michael's. I held up the ATM line of about 12 cars for all that time, though I did explain myself to everyone.

Alrighty, next stop. CVS to fill a prescription. The guy tells me it will be $32.48. What? It is normally $10.00. He says my insurance policy is not active. I call United Healthcare, who confirms my insurance policy was terminated Dec 31st. Good thing I went to the ER before then! :) Meanwhile, I pay full price for the drug and drive to Devlon's.

Here is where the weekend improves. We went to dinner at his brother and wife's house.......had wine, played games and had a blast. It is nice that they live so close. Sunday we slept in, cooked breakfast, tried to replace the light in my bathroom (without success) and then ran errands. Relaxed last night with yummy venison stroganoff that Devlon cooked and a wonderful episode of Grey's Anatomy!

I got to work today and verified that I do have insurance, but the computer screwed up. Good thing I saved my insurance enrollment verification form, otherwise I would be SOL. DRAMAS!

So, how is that for a welcome back post???

4 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

Oh, my! Sorry to hear about the dramas! It sounds like overall it was a good weekend though! :-) I watched Grey's Anatmoy after we got off the phone last night; it was as good as you told me. It was in fact a real tear-jerker. Glad you are eating up all that deer your man went out and slayed for you! :-) Gotta love a man who cooks!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't technology a great thing?!
Garbage in, garbage out. Have a better week.

Tricky

7:32 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

Gosh, Tracy, this sounds like something that would happen to me. Ain't technology great!!! Gray's was very good last night--it was the first time that I have seen it and I really enjoyed it. I think that I am hooked. Have a great week.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

WOW! I'm not sure I could have kept going like you did. Glad the weekend got better. It was good seeing you Friday!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home