Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pics from Rancho La Fe - DISCLAIMER!
























At long last, here are some pics from our New Year's trip. I know some people don't enjoy seeing dead animals, but alas, that was the purpose of our trip (along with seeing friends!). So here is "Bucky", Devlon's buck that he shot. He just mounted the horns on a European mount and he is currently looking for "the perfect" wall in his house to showcase it. The first picture is on "The Hill", the highest point at the ranch. That was right after midnight on New Years eve. The monuments are dedications (no dead people there!)......one is the naming of the ranch and dedicating it to Ed's (Devlon's friend) grandparents. The other is dedicating the ranch on the year 2000, and the other is a memorial to a mentor and family friend that helped them with all the logistics of the ranch. Very neat! There is also a pretty windmill on that hill that pumps the water all over the ranch.

The other pictures are of his pig.....which has no name. Devlon said I couldn't name a dead animal. His friend Kevin killed the bigger pig. Those pigs are UGLY and the boy pigs STINK. I was with Devlon when he shot the pig.

So, I know this post leaves some with a yucky feeling in their tummy and others excited (Uncle Kirk mostly!), but Devlon had a great time, which was all worth it in the end!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

wow...I don't know quite what to say...Yep, they are dead!!! :-o~ You are more of a trooper than I would have been! Devlon is lucky to have you! :-) I can't wait for your visit this weekend!!! We are going to have some fun..yee haw... love ya, mel

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics. Now that is my kind of blog!! Whp would have thought that my niece would be going hunting?? Great fun, and the beauty of nature. That is what I have told family and friends about for years.
Uncle Kirk

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you need a pair of overalls like Devlon. That way you can get in there and help him clean the deer and pigs. Who'd a thought my daughter the deer hunter!!
Dad

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home