Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Snow Day

So Dallas is facing some "inclement weather" right now, consisting of light rain, freezing temps, and ice. We had a pow-pow at work and since we are considered "non-essential" employees, we got a ticket home! Of course we are expected to make up the hours, but much better that than being stressed driving home tonight!

So the whole "non-essential" label kind of sucks. I would like to think my job is essential, but in the hospital world you are not essential unless you are a doctor, nurse, respiratory therapist or clinical tech. Everyone else doesn't play in to the equation. My staff understood why I was getting to go home, but it doesn't seem fair to leave them all there to handle everything while I sit at home in my Pj's, sipping hot cocoa, and watching a movie on the couch!

Tomorrow is my day off work, planning to do some Christmas shopping provided the roads are clear and safe. I have most everyone's present.........but a few (including Devlon's) are looming over my head. I have even gotten most of my wrapping done so far. I have to get everything ready to send home with Sister when she drives down from Missouri for Christmas break. I am flying home on the 23rd after work and will have too many presents to take on the plane! Busy busy.

I hoping everyone is taking the time to enjoy the lights, music, smells and joy this month brings.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only wish I was a non essential employee-I would be out the door>YIPPEE. Enjoy yourself. MOM

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

Fun! At least you got to leave, that rocks! Like you said, all your co-workers understood! You are essential to me, Be Fri! :-) Isn't it nice to sit under a blanket in your pjs and be a bum?! I will call you tomorrow so we can chat!

9:53 PM  
Blogger TTUTri said...

I hear things are bad up there today - stay safe!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well your essential to your mom and I. Stay safe and warm......Dad

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey there!! You are lucky, we had to stay, but got off today!! YEAH!!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home