Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Nothing Exciting....

It has been a pretty blah weekend. Enjoying the cooler weather! Devlon left Thursday morning for "The Ranch" (near Corpus) to hunt with his friends. This is a yearly trip for him. Looking forward to seeing him tonight! Friday night went to dinner with a friend that moved to Colorado last year.......it was great to catch up with her! Saturday, I ventured out to McKinney with Treasure for Third Monday Trade Days. Walked away only spending $20! It was good times........I almost bought a bassett hound puppy. SO CUTE! Also hit the Allen Outlet Mall, the new Cafe' Brazil in McKinney, and had my first experience at Belk.

Today, I have slept in, started cleaning since Mel, Ben & the girls will be here Tuesday night (which I am SO excited about!). We will get to hang out, make a trip to Freebirds, and be around the girls. This will be nice because my Thanksgiving weekend is jammed packed with family and a wedding, so I likely won't get to see them for very long.

Working on laundry, about to head to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner tonight and stuff to make chocolate pies for Thursday's dinner. Yum! Won't be the same as being home, but close enough! Spending time with Devlon's family will be great.....they have welcomed me with open arms and I am excited to get to know them more.

Wish me luck as I start this work week.........I know it is important to so many kids who will be in the hospital on Thanksgiving, but it is never easy for me to be away from the family and at work on major holidays. We will be making pies in playroom and helping families normalize the Thanksgivinig holiday as much as possible..........

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

But many people couldnt make this holiday with out you! You are so important to them!! We will miss you too!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

I can't wait until we see y'all on Tuesday! I hope we get to see you SOME in SA, but we completely understand if we don't see you a whole lot... I want to try your chocolate pie sometime- souds yummy!! :-)

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a truly awesome niece. Good luck this week, and hope to see you in SA--sounds like it will be a whirlwind week-end! Love you.
Uncle K

7:34 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Why didn't you call when you were in McKinney?!!?? :) Sounds like a fun weekend, who knew McKinney/Allen could be so fun?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Dandy said...

You are the Thanksgiving hope for lots of kids who are stuck in the hospital during a holiday. You make them feel loved. God bless you Tracy!! I am having a great time in Kansas-freezing my backside off, though. I'll miss you, but I'll see you Christmas. Love you lots, and Devlon, too. Happy Turkey Day!!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home