Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 16, 2005

5 days and counting

Christmas seems to be coming SO fast this year! I wonder why this year feels different and like I don't really have myself ready for this holiday. I officially only have 5 days left of work until I get to go home!! Those 5 days will be utter chaos........full of special events at the hospital, pulling and wrapping gifts for Santa to deliver to patients on Christmas day, packing, doing Christmas with Devlon's family, and spending time with Devlon. Will be home the night of the 23rd and don't have to be back at work until Jan 3rd! Whoo hoo!

Devlon and I are going to the ranch for New Years.........a tradition for him and his friends. Will be lots of fun, lots of hunting, lots of drinking, etc. The only downside is that I will miss the Cotton Bowl. Hello people! My team is FINALLY playing in Dallas and I won't even be here. Craziness. My last memory of the Cotton Bowl was my freshman year at Tech. We played USC and got creamed. Still have a cup from that blessed event. I went as part of the Goin' Band From Raiderland.......not my most favorite part of college, but hey, it got me there and to Ireland/England and those were memorable trips. I must love this man if I am missing the Cotton Bowl to be around dead deer. He says if it was A&M playing, he would miss the game as well, but somehow I doubt that. Hopefully we can catch it on satellite radio.........

Headed to meet Cheri and her fam for yummy birthday dinner........stay tuned for a relaxing weekend of SLEEP, christmas shopping, and christmas movies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

Sounds like you will have a fun weekend too! I know we will talk before New Years but I thought I would go ahead and say... Hope you have a blast at the ranch! Talk to you soon!
Love ya~:-)

3:22 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Tracy, it sounds like you and Devlon are just doing great and totally in love! I'm so happy for you! He must be deserving if you are willing to miss the Cotton Bowl. Hope you have a great First Christmas with your beau! :)

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home