Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

So far......

So far, this Christmas has proved to be interesting to say the least. Santa was great to all of us and have spent some great time with family. However, we have had a few snafu's this year that will make this one of the more memorable Christmases!!

To start with, Christmas Day after breakfast, we all broke off to take showers and get ready for the day. I had already showered, but Bethany was in the midst of showering. My Dad yells from upstairs for her to get out of the shower right away. The plumbing had backed up and was overflowing the downstairs toilet and into the bathtub. There was "not so pretty" stuff floating in the tub. I know, more than you needed to know! Bethany had to lean over the sink to get all the conditioner out of her hair! We luckily found a plumber who came out and snaked the main sewer line and we have been clog free ever since!

Christmas day proceeded with a trip to the Texas Med Clinic...aka Doc in the Box. I had a sore on my upper thigh that was getting worse and knowing I was going to be in south texas NO WHERE near a doctor for New Years, I wanted to get started on drugs. I was pretty sure it was staph, that is common in those of us that work in a hospital. He gave me drugs, but didn't do anything else. Thanks sister for going with me!

We then spent time with family, had good food, and fun xmas gift exchange!

Woke up on the 26th, the sore had gotten worse and was bigger, red and radiating heat. Dad took me to the ER. We waited from 4-10pm to get back to a room, and then 2 hours in the room, then 1 hour at the pharmacy! Poor Dad had to work today and is mighty tired. Short story is they lanced the sore, which was staph. I have never seen so much blood in my life! It is packed with guaze that my Mom gets to change every night until it heals from the inside out. Good thing my Mom is a nurse. 2 antibiotics and vicodin later, I am a couch potato!

Ahhh, memories. Some day, I'll look back at this and laugh..........just not today! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

Wow! Not a shortage of excitement for y'all! Glad you are having a nice time with your family, though. I am looking forward to your visit in a few weeks!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, I hope you are feeling better. What an 'exciting' Christmas holiday for y'all!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home