Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 02, 2006

I Heart Days off

So today is my day off! I work 9 hours days and every other Thursday I am off. Fun stuff! It's funny when that day comes around how much I feel like I need it and look forward to it. Usually, I have a ton of errands to run. Like today:

Bank - to deposit a check and COMPLAIN! Yes, my ATM card "never to be seen again" per the Bank's customer service rep did indeed pop out of the machine.......who knows how long after I left. Remember, I was assured this wouldn't happen.......that my card was lost to some black hole and probably shredded. Tuesday night I stopped home and had 10 messages from some old (and very nice) lady who found my card on the ground. She looked up my name in the phone book and called to get the card back to me. I was a little freaked out that she got my contact info (I swear I thought I wasn't in the phone book), so I called the bank first. No funny business is showing on my account. I call her back. Thank her profusely for calling me, not using it, taking the time to CARE....which doesn't happen so much these days. I ask her to tear up the card, because it is in fact no good to me anymore. She told me to be more careful in the future! EXCUSE ME.......I was careful. But, I told her thanks and to have a good night.

Oil change.......always so fun
Car wash- WAY overdue
UPS to pick up a package. I DON'T for the life of me understand why UPS only attempts to deliver during working hours. HELLO! How many people out there are actually home M-F from 8:00am to 5:30pm. Get for real. So after 3 attempts to deliver, I have to go get it from them so it doesn't go back to the company. I am excited to get it! I ordered a fun and cute shirt for my furture sister-in-law, named Tracy. Yep, her name will be Tracy Pipes in April. It is already confusing when we are all in the same house. But, we love her so bring on the Tracy Pipes! Maybe in somewhat distant future I will have a new last name and give her the full honors of the Pipes last name. Good thing she already knows her names goes with Pipes! You know, when you first start dating someone how you practice saying your name with his.........just to see what it sounds like. We women do it with every man, serious relationship or not. Hell, we even do it with crushes. But, it never sounds just right until you find the "one", and even if it doesn't exactly go together, it still sounds right because it belongs to "him". I am lucky that mine will sound just right........someday! We women are crazy. Agree?

Well, I must start my string of errands. I should also be thinking about Devlon's Heart Day gift.......still not totally decided and need to hit the store to cook dinner for us tonight. Maybe I should have more days off!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

Yay...I can call you while Becca is napping and actually TALK to you, not your voice mail! :-) I always have BIG plans to get stuff done while Brooke is in school and Becca is napping. Usually I am just so dang ready to relax that I can't get it done! Sounds like you have a lot to do too! Have a fun and productive day.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mel :-) said...

OK- I have been trying to comment on the newest post, but it won't let me for some reason?!?!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home