Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm here!

Well, after a LONG drive back from SA, we are officially home. We made it back LATE Sun night thanks to some wreck outside of Waco. Crafty Devlon took us on a detour, so we missed most of the accident but it still took us 5 hours.

We had a GREAT time in SA. Lots of fun with the fam, yummy food (thanks Aunt DiAnn!) and an overall relaxing time. I slept in, we shopped (surprise!) and Devlon made it down south to hunt. Yes, he shot Jane "Doe" and she was cut up last night and now has a new home in our freezer along with what is left of Bucky from last year. Yay, more deer meat! Ha!

I participated a little bit in the Black Friday madness. This year, nothing at the normal stores (Target, Best Buy, Circuit City) peaked my interest. Jc Penny Home store had some great deals on furniture that I couldn't resist. We were there at 5am and home by 6:30am! Sister even braved the shopping with my Mom and I. We bought a new leather couch that came with a free chair. We also bought an ottoman for the chair and a sleigh bed!!! I know, it sounds like a lot, but we got an amazing deal and have a year of no interest to pay it off. I am super excited about the bed. Devlon didn't go with me, so I am a bit nervous about the couch. We are going to try and look at one and have him sit on it and all that jazz now, before they deliver it. It is on backorder and isn't expected until Feb. It is a pretty rustic brown color and will look great with our existing furniture. My only fear is that it won't be deep enough for Devlon's liking........but we shall see. I also bought a fiber bed which is HEAVEN!

On the wedding front.........I did a trial run of my make-up this past weekend and loved it. We have our first shower this weekend........a couples shower here in Dallas. Devlon's best friends from college are hosting it.........should be lots o' fun. That's all I got..........peace out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The couch/chair/ottoman sounds GREAT! I am sure it is beautiful! I love a great deal, that makes it even better! I am sorry I will miss your showers this weekend and next! I wish we could be there; have a great time! :-)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home