Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 14, 2006

CRAZY

This has been a crazy weekend..........no other words to describe it!

Friday: My parents made it here late.....in my Mom's new car! It is super nice!

Saturday: We got up early, Devlon made everyone breakfast and we headed to my condo. The movers were supposed to be there between 9-10am. We took all the nails out of the walls, vacuumed rooms and got everything in order for the movers (ie: disassembled bedframes, etc). The movers called right before 9am to say they were running late from an overflow job from Friday night. They would be at my house between 12-1pm. Devlon went to an appointment, so my Dad and I cruised Central Market for a while. We headed back to the house and waited. And waited. And waited some more! Devlon called a little before 12pm to confirm we were still expecting movers between 12-1pm. No answer, he left a message. 1:10, I start calling. No answer. I leave a message. 2:30 we realize there are NO movers coming. No one was answering the phone at the moving company. We were stood up! I was PISSED! This was a company that rated VERY high on citysearch.com (like 91%) which is why I picked them. We frantically started calling U-haul and other movers, hoping someone was available "last minute". Long story short, we found a crew for first thing Sunday morning. We headed home, ate dinner and visited with Devlon's parents.

Sunday: Movers come, they were GREAT! I would recommend them to ANYONE. They had the truck unloaded by 10:30 and we started arranging furniture. It is still not perfect, but it's coming along. My parents were a great help...........Thanks Mom & Dad!! We then made lunch for Mother's Day.........Devlon's parents, brother & wife, Grandaddy, plus my parents and Meemaw chowed down. Then my parents headed back to SA.

We still need to figure out where pictures are going on the walls and prepare for a massive garage sale. What is scary, is that we are already in a 3 bedroom decent sized house and we are busting at the seams. What happens when we have a baby?? Anyways, I am so happy to have all my stuff here! I am going by my condo tomorrow to tell it goodbye. Then I close on Wednesday! I'll try to post pics of the "new" living arrangements soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mel :-) said...

I am glad the weekend turned out well after the movers no-show!! Looking forward to pics of the casa with all your stuff together! Talk to you soon!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pics!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you have all of your stuff! I can't wait to see pictures!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home