Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day Expense!

So this past weekend I discovered another *joy* of owning a home. Monday morning my parents left to head back home and Bethany and I headed to the Crate and Barrell Outlet Store. After a bit of shopping, I dropped her off at a hotel to meet her professor (who she drove down with from MO). Upon arriving home to my nice air conditioned house, I put my key in the lock and watched the key spin and spin. Never did it once pretend to catch my deadbolt and unlock my door. Apparently something internal broke. Mind you, when I moved in I had this lock replaced.......so it was less than 2 years old! After a few minutes of me praying my key would catch, then Devlon meeting me with his key to my house and him doing the same thing (I was just imagining the lock laughing at me) I called my new rich friend, Mattie the Locksmith. For a steal (at least that is what he said!) he could drill the lock out and have me in my house, safe and sound. $175 later, ta da! I am in. Had to clean up the mess myself, apparently a cleaning fee was not included in the $175 price quote. Then $20 later and a new deadbolt from Home Depot, my door was back in tact, working beautifully. Oh the joys of being a homeowner! Hope Mattie got a good commission on that job! Of course he wanted cash, but seriously, who carries $175 bucks around? Not this girl!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a make easy money online site/blog. It pretty much covers make easy money online related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home