Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Test Anxiety!

How do we develop test anxiety? Why do some of us have GI distress at the thought of standardized testing or certification testing while others breeze through it? Well, I am one that suffers from test anxiety. I am taking a NCAST training, which is a feeding scale that rates parent/infant interactions during a feeding time. The test is a very reliable indicator of parent bonding/infant response and indicates when a parent might need helping learning their infants cues or how to interact with them. Long story short, I am in a training right now to become certified to perform the test. We test tomorrow and the results get shipped to CA for grading. We don't know for a month if we passed or failed! YIKES! I passed all 4 of the practice tests, but still............I am one that second guesses everything.

I suppose some of the anxiety relates to seeking acceptance from those higher than you (ie: colleges that you want to go to, bosses/parents that will find out the results, peers taking the class with you) or feeling competent. You know? Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your test! Don't worry you are not alone with test anxiety...... I am right there with you!
Good luck and don't second guess yourself. You will do fine!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck! You will ace it, I'm sure! I'll be cheering for you!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck turkey!! DIARHEA!!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me....... how was the test?

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Tracy - you have to fill us in on how things went!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger wish_on_a_star said...

The test went "OK" as far as I can tell. Afterwards, a few of us went to lunch and discussed what we thought we could remember. It gave me GI distress just talking about it....you know? You never can remember what you answered and then you start comparing notes.....I should hear in about a month! Thanks guys!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home