Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm a bad shot.....

So today was a day of fun with guns. Yes, you read that right! I went to Bass Pro Shop with Devlon and did some shooting at their shooting range. I shot a 45 pistol and a 9mm handgun. Both of them scared the crap out and me and Devlon thought it was funny. He is a good and patient teacher.....so much to learn about the stance, aiming, shooting, holding the gun, handling the kick, etc. He could tell when I was frusturated when I missed the targets. I think I shot 2 rounds with the pistol and a couple of clips with the handgun, and maybe a handful of those shots made it on the target! Granted I only shot a 10ft distance. Apparently I anticipate the kick of the shot and pull the gun either down and to the left or up towards the left. Even when I missed, the area of the shots were consistent. I kept one of the shells from the pistol that made it closest to the bullseye. Uncle Kirk, you should be proud! I need some serious practice with just shooting and handling the gun, but it was a pretty awesome feeling. Next up..........rifle shooting!!! Scary thought, huh? :)

Off to see Jason Boland and the Stragglers. Should be fun and HOT. Cody Canada (lead singer of Cross Canadian Ragweed) had a baby boy this week.....Dirks Cobain Canada. Babies everywhere!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! My dad will be all about the shooting practice! Jason Boland...... that is my kind of night! I hope you guys have a good time! I do love me some Stragglers..... love me some Cody Canada now that I think about it!!!:) I will see CCR on Sunday and I am fired up!!
Have a fun and safe labor day weekend!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Uncle Kirk is so proud of you!! Imagine, Tracy shooting a gun. Next time you are in town, we can go practice some more. Just remember, patience, patience. Even Annie Oakley had to practice!
Love you.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home