Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 24, 2005

Weekend Report

So here is a quick recap of this weekend's festivities.
Thursday:
Devlon and I left Thursday afternoon to make the 7 hour drive to Corpus Christi. One of his best friends (Ed & Karin) who got married in June in Minnesota (Devlon was a groomsmen) had a local reception in Corpus that his parents arranged. We had a great time! Thursday night was spent meeting his friends and relaxing with a few beers. We then made the trek to his friend Kevin's house where we were spending the night.
Friday:
We got up and met some of Ed & Karin's family for a GREAT mexican breakfast and then headed to the aquarium. I have been there once or twice as a kid, but it was fun to go back. Being down near the water brought back memories of family vacations! We then had a huge BBQ with GREAT food (yummy shrimp right off the boat) along with more beer (see a theme here?). It was this night that I met more friends and family who are very important to Devlon. It was great to put faces to names.
Saturday:
Slept in, another GREAT mexican breakfast and then the boys took a nap. The girls went shopping and then saw Elizabethtown. Interesting and not what I expected, but good lessons! Then we got ready for the reception and had fun at Doc's visiting with friends, eating good food, and enjoying the sunset on the water. Then we went dancing and let me say........MY I SUCK at dancing! I have never been good at it and Devlon was patient with me. I guess I need more practice.
Sunday:
We got up early and hit the road to SA. We stopped for a few hours and had lunch with my parents, Meemaw, Nana, Uncle Kirk & Aunt DiAnn. It was the first time Devlon met Aunt DiAnn and Uncle Kirk......it didn't take long for the hunting talk to start! We had a great visit and Uncle Kirk sent us off with venison which made Devlon very happy! He has already defrosted the backstrap to grill this week. Thanks Uncle Kirk! Also, thanks Mom and Dad for the great food!Then we headed back to the big D!

Whew....I was tired doing it all but more tired recapping it! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet Devlon, and to see you. We certainly enjoyed the afternoon. I hope the backstrap turns out good---can't go wrong with that choice of meat!!
Love you.
Uncle Kirk

7:50 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like you had a blast! I'm jealous, I haven't had venison in forever, and it tastes sooooo gooood!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home