Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 10, 2005

Say WHAT!??

So I FINALLY took my car in after about a month of my engine "surging". It hasn't been so bad, actually didn't happen every day, but on Friday it actually died between surges. So, I was just under my 75,000 miles, hoping whatever was wrong could potentially be covered under my extended warranty.

I took it in Saturday and have been using Devlon's car since he is out of town. The service dept. called today with the following news:

Robbie the Service Advisor: Hi Tracy, I have some news about your car
Me: Ok, go ahead
Robbie: We hooked it up and tested it and it appears your intake manifold gasket is releasing too much air into the engine
Me: I see
Robbie: The gasket regulates the air that brings air into your engine and then releases it, your is leaking too much air
Me: Ok, how much does it cost to fix it?
Robbie: $695
Me: choking back tears
Robbie: And I checked into your extended warranty. Normally this is covered, but it seems your warranty was one of those that either expired on a certain date or at 75,000 miles
Me: Ok, when was the date it expired?
Robbie: Oct. 3rd of this year
Me: You mean like 7 days ago?
Robbie: Yes Ma'am
Me: (kicking myself in the ass for not taking it in when the problem started) Ok, I need to call my dad (because I always call my Dad in times of emergencies, which this definitely was!)


Dad advised me to fix it, I mean how could I not? So the long and short of it, my car is now fixed and I am $715.98 poorer. SUCKS! Chalk it up to lesson learned I guess, but I can't help but be pissed at myself.....at least until I write the check and the money clears my account!

This car owning, mortgage paying, job going adult nonsense is for the birds! To make matters worse, I am due for an oil change, should probably rotate my tires, and my registration is due this month! Does it ever end?

On second thought, I should be happy that I actually have the money to pay, I have a job, I can afford a mortgage, and I have parents that listen to me complain and still love me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO....it never ends! Except, you know, when IT ends!

Bummer.

Tricky

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't the flux-capacitor! Then you wouldn't be able to time travel - or worse you could have ended up back in 1955!!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home